Dec 14, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (21)


"Waiting On"  Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking  the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
This week I'm waiting on....
 
 
Social Suicide
by: Gemma Halliday
 
Here's the Goodreads blurb:
Twittercide [twit-er-sahyd]: the killing of one human being by another while the victim is in the act of tweeting.

Call me crazy, but I figured writing for the Herbert Hoover High Homepage would be a pretty sweet gig. Pad the resume for college applications, get a first look at the gossip column, spend some time ogling the paper's brooding bad-boy editor, Chase Erikson. But on my first big story, things went...a little south. What should have been a normal interview with Sydney Sanders turned into me discovering the Homecoming Queen-hopeful dead in her pool. Electrocuted while Tweeting. Now, in addition to developing a reputation as HHH's resident body finder, I'm stuck trying to prove that Sydney's death wasn't suicide.

I'm starting to long for the days when my biggest worry was whether the cafeteria was serving pizza sticks or Tuesday Tacos...
 
 
Why I need to read this one:
I fell in love with book #1 in this series, Deadly Cool. It was fast, fun, flirty, and fantastic. Basically everything I look for in a book. Fans of the show Veronica Mars definitely need to check out this series ASAP!
 
Social Suicide will be released by HarperTeen 4.24.12 

5 comments:

  1. I would be surprised of Twittercide ends up in the dictionary one day. Good choice!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got Deadly Cool and I'm really hoping to get it read over Christmas vacation at the very latest.

    Have an amazing reading week!

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of this series. I will have to check these out.
    New Follower.
    Sandra
    Waiting For Wentworth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deadly Cool was pretty darn good so I'm definitely looking forward to this one. Cute cover too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deadly Cool was pretty darn good so I'm definitely looking forward to this one. Cute cover too.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you know that every time you comment, an angel gets its wings.

OK, not really, but thanks for popping by!