Jan 27, 2012

TGIF (6)





TGIF @ GReads is a great way to meet new bloggers. Feel free to leave me a comment and I'll be sure to pop over to your blog and follow you back!

This Friday's question:




Buy or Borrow: Where do your books that you read come from? The bookstore? The library? Do you prefer to own a book, or have it on loan?
 
I'm a buyer. Oh, sweet baby Moses, I'm not only a buyer but I am a hoarder. I buy and buy books ... and then they sit on my shelf, looking all pretty and shiny, but I keep buying and I can't read nearly as fast as my finger can hit the "ORDER" button on Amazon.
 
Amazon is my crack. Especially for hardbacks since they discount them so much. And paperbacks are usually 4-for-3, so I convince myself I need to get four so I can save money. Yeah. I have issues.
 
That's why I am currently in my room, surrounded by nearly 300 books (oh, and I have more than that in other rooms). It might sound like heaven, but I am rapidly running out of walking/sleeping space. Sigh.

4 comments:

  1. I'm definitely a buyer too!!!! Amazon is totally ADDICTING right?! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're funny! Well, at least your crack can make you smart! --Thanks for stoppin' by my blog.
    New follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm broke, so I SHOULD borrow, but I totally buy... I have this obsession with owning the books I love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm... you definitely sound like an addict. I am too, but I get most of my stuff from the library and if I buy, I try to buy used books. :)

    ReplyDelete

I hope you know that every time you comment, an angel gets its wings.

OK, not really, but thanks for popping by!