Mar 5, 2014

Review: Some Like It Wild by M. Leighton

Title: Some Like It Wild
Author: M. Leighton
Publisher: Berkley
Publication Date: 3.4.2014
Pages: 384
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary
Series: The Wild Ones #2
Source: Finished copy from publisher

Rating: 4 Stars

Summary (from Goodreads):
First was The Wild Ones. Now, the next book in M. Leighton's Wild Ones series...

How far will a good girl go for the bad boy she loves?

Laney Holt is a preacher’s daughter. A good girl. Her only goal was to get married, have babies, and live happily ever after, just like her parents. Only that didn’t happen. The two people closest to her betrayed her, and Laney’s dreams came crashing down. Now she’s left with an empty space she doesn’t know how to fill. Until she meets Jake Theopolis, a daredevil with a death wish who has heartbreaker written all over him.

Jake has no interest in thinking beyond the here and now. All he wants out of life is the next rush, the next “feel-good” thing to keep his mind off the pain of his past. His latest rush? Showing Laney there’s more to life than being a good girl—and that going bad can be so much fun. Her only concern now is how she can ever hope to satisfy the wild side of a boy like Jake. She’s looking forward to trying. And so is Jake.

Review:
I love an M. Leighton book. I love picking it up and cracking open the first page. I know whatever she's writing will be fun. Something that will entertain me for several hours and let me escape whatever real life issues are currently tugging at me. SOME LIKE IT WILD was no exception to this rule.

I liked Laney. She was complex and emotional and lovable, and as someone who grew up in the church, I empathized with a lot of her feelings. Especially involving Jake. And how deliciously tempting he is.

Fans of the new adult genre are undoubtedly going to swoon for this book. It has heat and steam and can illicit shivers in all the right place, but more than that, it has a heart of two new adults finding their way in the world. But fans of Leighton's already know this and probably had it pre-ordered. If you haven't read her books, this is a great series to jump into.
Buy: Amazon

2 comments:

  1. I love a book you can pick up and be instantly entertained by it. Hot and fun are ALWAYS good things, too. Always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to read this author Hannah! I've heard such good things, and you know I love me a book with a little steam in it:) I'll have to go check out book one for sure! Sexy, swoon-worthy boys here I come.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you know that every time you comment, an angel gets its wings.

OK, not really, but thanks for popping by!