Mar 11, 2016

Review: Fighting Dirty by Lori Foster

Title: Fighting Dirty
Author: Lori Foster
Publication Date: 2.23.2016
Series: Ultimate #4
Source:  eARC from publisher
Purchase: Amazon

Rating: 3 Stars

Summary (from Goodreads):
With the life he's led and the muscles he's gained, Armie Jacobson isn't afraid of anything. Except maybe Merissa Colter's effect on him. It's not just that she's his best friend's little sister. Fact is, she deserves better. Women pursue him for one night of pleasure, and that's all he wants to offer. Until rescuing Merissa from a robbery leads to the most erotic encounter of his life. 

Good girl meets bad boy. It's a story that rarely ends well. But Merissa is taking matters into her own hands. No matter how he views himself, the Armie she knows is brave, honorable and completely loyal. And as past demons and present-day danger collide, they're both about to learn what's truly worth fighting for…

Review:

I feel like I've been waiting for Armie and Rissy's story since the beginning of the series and after so much waiting and temptation, this book just fell really flat for me.

Rissy came off as desperate; she basically insinuated herself into Armie's life, giving him no choice. And Armie was just ... there. Very placid and not what I expected.

The romance felt like forcing two mismatched puzzle pieces together. You could force them together, but it was obvious they didn't fit. There was no real relationship: Just a suddenly they were together. The whole book felt very meandering and winding, not very streamlined or well-thought out.


This was the book I was most excited about in the series and it was was my least favorite once I actually read it. I'm sad to see this series go out with a limp pop instead of a spectacular finale of fireworks.

1 comments:

  1. I have the first book, and I hope to actually read it this year. Everyone seems to love this series, and author, so I may as well join the club. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you know that every time you comment, an angel gets its wings.

OK, not really, but thanks for popping by!